JUST PARENT MOOT COURT COMPETITION 2022/2023
The Universities of Milano – Bicocca and Modena and Reggio Emilia, together with the Universities of Granada and Uppsala, are planning the JUST PARENT MOOT COURT COMPETITION 2022-2023.
What is a MOOT COURT?
It is a programme for theoretical-practical training, aimed at students enrolled in Law and Legal Services Science courses, through the simulation of trials on subjects related to the phenomenon of social parenting. Each meeting/hearing is devoted to disputes on medically assisted procreation, adoptions, surrogacy, recognition of foreign judgments, and the use of cryopreserved cells.
On the basis of the case prepared by the organising Scientific Committee, the competing teams of students draft briefs and opinions for both sides, following the indications of the Scientific Committee, and then discuss the positions of the opposing parties before the ‘Judging Panel’, composed of a panel of legal experts.
Seven meetings will be held, in which the composed teams will present their briefs for evaluation. The meetings will be held in the Court room. The best briefs will be published in the publications section of www.justparent.eu.
There are several reasons for joining the MOOT COURT COMPETITION:
- Learn how to use the University’s databases and how to carry out research on current legislation, Italian and European case law and authoritative doctrine;
- Learn how to draft legal papers, opinions and memoranda;
- Study new phenomena emerging in doctrine and case law;
- Deepen the study of private law, constitutional law and private international law through law in action;
- To prepare for the world of work through simulations of actual trials;
- To get to know and compare oneself with other young lawyers from the universities involved in the project;
- To take part in a European pilot project financed by the European Commission, such as the JUST-PARENT project.
How to join? Please consult the call for applications and the information leaflet.